So naturally, with everything that pops into my head, I have an intense desire to do it all. It took 12 months to teach me that while I believe my visions + dreams are God inspired, I don't have to do everything TODAY! So it doesn't surprise me that my last post in this blog was in 2015!
2016 has brought a year of blessings and most definitely a year of refinement. So here is my review...
What I did...
- Booked in 15 Weddings: Wellington, Auckland and Fiji
- Styled 8 events with Confetti Love
- Went on holiday with my family to Fiji
- Caught 16 flights
- Reunited with family in Brisbane
- Held my first stall at a Wedding Expo
- Coordinated, styled + photographed a unique wedding event "Marry Me"
- Read three books
- Made some new friends: Personal + business
- Witness my eldest work hard and achieve a goal she set for herself: Awarded the Academic Excellence award in her last year at Intermediate school.
- Renewed + strengthened relationships and let go of others
- Concerned myself with things that were out of my control
- Started a Pacific Weddings Blog
- Have more patience with more of those whom I allow to have the better of me
What I didn't do enough of...
- Take care of my health
- hugged my daughters with kindness + love rather than with obligation + awkwardness
- take care of my husband with grace rather than with truth (an "I told you so" look for his self inflicted late nights resulting in migraines)
- Speak with tenderness towards my girls while teaching them life lessons than with a "I've already taught you that" tone
- See others as God sees them; often broken, hurt + unaware
- Accept that not EVERY IDEA is a GOD IDEA or even a RIGHT NOW IDEA but rather a LATER ON IDEA
Reflecting on these dids and did nots I believe I'm only at the brink of coming into the fullness of knowing myself. Of how much I can do, and how much I don't have to do. Towards the end of 2016, it dawned on me that I am entering into the last year of my 30s, and what an amazing time it has been. A decade of weeding + planting. We will be heading into our 15th year of truly a marriage founded on God. A marriage of growing old with my best friend and learning so much more about ourselves and each other in our marriage.
Like so many others, I have written down so many new year's resolutions that turn into a long list of "I wills". This year I have decided on only a few things I want to do better this year;
- See others as God sees them;
- Be great at the few (tasks), than half-pie at the many;
- Take care of my physical + spiritual wellbeing
And that's it. As I grow older (and wiser, I hope), I'm finding that it is okay to do what I can and when I can, be absolutely great at it.
I hope that your 2017 will be GREAT TOO!!